Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits that I can experience for my family situation?
- The course is very practical and will benefit a parent with immediate tools to experiment with, that work.
- A parent/ Carer will be prepared and equipped to deal with challenges in their kid’s behaviors and attitudes.
- Families will experience less stress and experience more connection in the good and challenging times.
- Family members will grow in healthy self-awareness, personal responsibility, resilience, and empathy.
- Increase Academic performance.
- Increase in Community responsibility.
- Decreased stress and increased peace, gratitude and mindfulness for family members.
- Greater connection for couples, and healthy relationships in families.
Where is the course information from?
In-person Parenting CourseLove and Logic™
Christine Battams is a trained Independent Facilitator of Love and Logic curricula, specifically The Parenting the Love and Logic™. All materials are from the Love and Logic Institute. For further information about Love and Logic, visit www.loveandlogic.com
Online Parenting Course – ‘River of Hope’
- The course information includes Love and LogicTM concepts
- Narrative Therapy- the person is not the problem, the problem is the problem
- Self Care Continuum & Physical, Emotional psychological and spiritual wellbeing Ursula Benstead-Shark Cage course
- Worry Cycle- Calming strategies to tolerate distress, making the parent the project, not the child. Dr. Jenny Brown
Are there any additional materials and do they cost extra?
Registration fee covers the following,
- Six 2 hour sessions
- Participants work manual which includes additional reading and activities to refer to each week.
- Access to additional resources as part of the Teaching Kids for Life Lending Library for the duration of the course.
Tea, Coffee, Water at each session.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
The course is subject to minimum numbers. If the course has not met the minimum numbers, it will be cancelled, and a full refund will be issued. Refunds will not be issued for sessions missed once the registration has been paid.
Where are the courses situated?
You can host a course in the privacy of your home with friends and family. Updates of local courses will be promoted. Arrangements can be made for a venue and time for schools, kindergartens, community houses, sporting venues, churches and offices.
Does my partner need to attend the course?
We understand at Teaching Kids For life the time pressures upon families, for this reason we offer daytime and evening courses. We have found that if one parent does the course and begins the experiments with the very practical tools that the other parent is impacted by the effectiveness and is quite intrigued and interested in coming to a course or read further material.
We have found that the increased peace, heart to heart connection, reduced stress and chaos, has been evidence of the powerful tools at work for the whole family. This approach has impacted the other parent/ carer to come on board too.
We recommend that if only one parent attend the course, that the same parent attend all the sessions, as each lesson builds upon the last.
What if I can’t attend one week?
We recommend that if you are unable to attend one week that you can read your notes, or borrow some material from the resource lending library. However, if you miss more than one it is highly suggested that you attend another course. There are no refunds for any missed sessions.
Do you offer child minding Facilities?
We do not offer child minding facilities and we request, for yourself and for the other participants, that other arrangements be made.
What about children with behavioural difficulties or special needs?
I have 2 children with Special needs and behavioural difficulties and since parenting with the material of the Love and Logic curriculum there has been a huge reduction in anxiety and tension and a dramatic increase in personal responsibility and resilience. There is peace in the midst of a storm and as a parent I am very well equipped, not perfect by any means, but always moving powerfully forward.
The concepts in the material are developed with the psychology of basic human needs, connection, limits, resilience, and mindfulness and empathy and are delivered weekly with very practical everyday tools to encompass effective strategies for children with special needs and behavioural issues. There are also many resources in the Teaching Kids for Life lending library and on line (CDs, DVDs, books) at the Love and Logic Institute.