We offer 2 Parenting Programs
Program 1 – Online Parenting Program – ‘Crossing the River’ to become a strong, confident parent leader
Program 2 – In-Person Parenting Program – Love and Logic™
Parenting Program 1
‘River of Hope On-Line Group Parenting Program’
Date Introduction: Wednesday 4 May 2022
Time 7.45pm ( 1 ¾ hours)
Dates May 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8, 15
What is a Parenting Course going to do for me?
- To have more fun and enjoy your kids
- To have kids who are less anxious and more resilient
- To have skills to deal with resistance, protest, complaining and defiance
- To live in a family where children are more respectful and responsible
- To have greater connection and meaningful conversations with your teenager
- To have respectful conversations
- To have greater connection, safety and respect amongst your children
- To take out some of the stresses of parenting
- Sibling rivalry, Rudeness, disrespect, Chaotic morning or evening routine, Meltdowns, physical outbursts, destroying possessions and property, Defiance, Anxiety, school refusal, bullying and Screen time disrespect and addiction.
Mission: To empower parents with hope by strengthening their true self: building ongoing capacity to be confident in every season.
Purpose: To give parents who feel stressed, overwhelmed and anxious, proven practical tools to become a confident and strong parent leader – creating opportunities for connection and fun with themselves and their children.
Why, what is the benefit?
Define self and values. Grow in self-efficacy.
Become strong with your true self -to be a loving and healthy parent leader.
Learn tools that empower you to be a strong loving leader
Increase capacity and resilience for you and your children
Increase opportunities for connection and fun with yourself and your children
For who: Parents struggling or dealing with:
- Feeling confused, lost or disempowered
- Shame, fear and anxiety
- Triggering from past experiences-childhood or other
- Just Surviving or living in chaos
- Lack of identity and confidence
- Reduced emotional or physical capacity
The metaphor for the course is “crossing the river-“ crossing the river – where we are currently, to becoming a strong parent leader.
This is for parents who are feeling anxious, stressed, overwhelmed that would like to become strong parent leaders.
It will incorporate a foundational wellbeing perspective of empowering parents to be able to tolerate stress, their kid’s poor choices, and anxiety.
It will provide a safe reflective environment of looking at one’s narrative by exploring their strengths.
- Notice and explore their “worry” and gain understanding and tools of how they can manage it.
- Begin to create daily habits of well-being
- Understand if they are making their child the focus or themselves the project.
- Explore the concept that people are never the problem, the problem is the problem.
- Learn how to change a relationship with the problem?. (Self- awareness and setting limits)
- Have solid pathways to build connection and fun with themselves and their children
- Have skills to facilitate resilience and core self-confidence in their kids, whereby the kids are in tune to their inner voice and not just to the outside adult voice.
The course will:
- Provide parents with concrete practical tools to disengage and not escalate an argument. Train and support parents to develop empathy and love to keep the lines of communication open.
- Setting clear limits with ‘I’ statements.
- Give choices that work within parents’ value systems whilst sharing the control with their children.
- Build capacity, resilience and confidence in kids by giving kids tools to solve their own problems.
- Give children the value of being powerful contributors and a sense of belonging with chores(contributions)
7 Week Online Parenting Course Outline
SESSION 1 & 2 Introduction and Session – Wellbeing – Self Care continuum
– Exploring Practical one-line responses that deescalate, or better still, end protests and arguments.
– The person is never the problem, the problem is the problem. How to become powerful and change my relationship with the problem.
SESSION 3 Who do I project my focus on-Me or my child(ren)?
– Having your children restore your energy levels
SESSION 4 What do I notice about my tensions, worry and anxiety?
Where do I project my tension?
– The power of using ‘I’ statements instead of ‘You’ statements.
SESSION 5 What do I notice in my body, breathing and emotions when I experience stress or anxiety.
– Sharing control within your value system helps your child with peer pressure and keeps the connection.
SESSION 6 Building connection through noticing sends the message – I hear you, I see you, I am with you. I am on your side.
– Building resiliency for our kids to own and solve their own problems.
SESSION 7 Fine-tune our kids to their inner voice and not just an outside voice
– Having kids complete chores without reminders and pay
- Their capacity and strength have increased significantly
- They have noticed where they have perpetuated the anxiety and worry cycle
- Have intentionally practised and cultivated wellbeing habits that have significantly reduced their anxiety, monitoring and policing.
- They have felt more powerful and equipped as they have focused on their responses and behaviour and not their child’s
- They have noticed more healthy connections and less arguments
- They have less stress, and more reasonable discussions with their children
- They have stronger healthier boundaries
Investment: $249.00 per family
For more information ring Christine on 0414 485 938
Parenting Program 2
Parenting the Love and Logic Way™
A 7-week parenting program putting the fun back into Parenting while Raising Resilient, Happy Kids.
Weekly practical skills and resources assisting with life-changing outcomes for your family. Parenting strategies for all aged children, relevant and helpful for a range of families and situations.
Session One – Putting an end to arguing, back talk and begging
Session Two – Teaching responsibility without losing their love
Session Three – Setting limits without waging war
Session Four – Avoiding Power struggles
Session Five – Guiding kids to own and solve their problems
Session Six – Teaching Kids to complete chores without reminders and without pay
Session Seven – Question & Answers
Where: TBC. Time: TBC. When: TBC
Cost: Couple $320 includes shared manual, Single $280 Includes manual and supported resources from the lending library.
For more information ring Christine on 0414 485 938
We have had the privilege of attending the Love and Logic course and subsequently hosted the course for two groups. Having done the course twice, we can highly recommend doing it. It has really changed how we parent our children. There is much more Love in our home now and the kids (and ourselves) are learning what the Logical consequences to their actions are.
Our kids are able to do so much more for themselves than we would have imagined a year ago. Christine has been so open and honest as a facilitator. She shares her Love and Logic journey in a way that empowers participants and gets them to think and be challenged. Thank you Christine for sharing parts of your life with us and for encouraging us to keep going with this parenting journey!
FREE Information Sessions are available in your area
For Parents, Carers, GrandParents and Foster Parents
- Do you want to Upgrade your parenting skills?
- Do you struggle with argumentative, whining kids or disrespectful teens?
- How would you like to decrease the tension with one line?
- Are you exhausted and frustrated getting the kids to bed at night?
- Would you like to enjoy less stressful evenings and feel more relaxed earlier in the evenings?
- Is it a hassle getting the kids ready to leave on time in the mornings?
- Would you enjoy having the kids do more and be ready when you want to leave?
- Are your energy levels been drained by experiencing tantrums around eating time or any other time?
- Would you enjoy, more times, having children who are fun to be around
- Do you feel like a slave or doormat with your children/young adult?
- How would you like to have a reasonable discussion with your teenager about chores, technology, drugs, vaping or alcohol?
- How would you like to have conversations with your teenager without yelling, avoidance and disrespect?
Teaching Kids For Life Puts the Fun Back into Parenting While raising resilient Happy Kids.
Testimonial: Going to a Teaching Kids For Life course using the Love and LogicTM material gave me valuable parenting tools and increased my confidence as a parent. We no longer have arguments in our home, and life is much more peaceful. I have learned how to keep myself under control, and am now parenting my 3 kids with more demonstrated love, and logical consequences. (Jo McKay)
Do you struggle with argumentative, whining kids or disrespectful teens?
How would you like to de-escalate the tension with one line?
Are you exhausted and frustrated with getting the kids to bed at night?
Would you like to enjoy your ‘me time’ earlier in the evening feeling more relaxed?
Do you feel like a slave or doormat with your children/young adult?
How would you like to have a reasonable discussion with your teenager about chores, technology, drugs, vaping or alcohol?
How would you like to have conversations with your teenager without yelling, avoidance and disrespect?